Senior named top diver

The Pac-12 conference announced that USC senior Victoria Ishimatsu was chosen as the Women’s Diver of the Year and coach Hongping Li was selected as the Women’s Diving Coach of the Year Monday.

Both Ishimatsu and Li won their respective awards for the fourth consecutive year, becoming the first female swimmer/diver and coach duo to do so.

Ishimatsu won her first career NCAA title on 1-meter springboard during the 2012 NCAA championships, supplementing an All-American performance on the 3-meter springboard.

During the Pac-12 championships, she won the 3-meter springboard title for the fourth year in a row, becoming the first Pac-12 woman to do so and took home her third 1-meter springboard title.

She also finished a career-best second in the platform final, securing her third straight Pac-12 Diver of the Meet honor.

Li has amassed nine Pac-12 Women’s Diving Coach of the Year awards, the most in conference history. He has been the NCAA Women’s Diving Coach of the Year twice (2002 and 2006), and the 2009 Pac-10 Men’s Diving Coach of the Year. In his 13 years as USC’s head diving coach, his divers have won a total of six NCAA titles, 27 conference titles and have received 34 All-American honors.