USC gets exclusive radio deal

USC announced an exclusive multiyear national broadcasting deal with ESPN Radio on Monday. The radio network will broadcast every home football game with a reach of up to 300 national affiliates.

“This agreement with ESPN Radio will provide tremendous, unprecedented exposure for USC football and it will help elevate the USC brand,” said Dan Shell, the vice president and general manager of USC Sports Properties. “It will also benefit our sponsors by providing them a nationally distributed platform to connect with their target audience.”

The agreement marks the first time ESPN Radio has cut an exclusive national deal with a college football program and it’s the second radio deal of this magnitude.

ESPN’s Los Angeles radio station, 710 KSPN, began broadcasting USC games in 2006. The new deal also grants ESPN Deportes Radio exclusive Spanish-language broadcast rights.

“USC and the Trojan football program are extremely excited to have all of our home games carried nationally by ESPN Radio,” USC athletic director Pat Haden said. “To partner with ESPN Radio and have the USC brand distributed at this level is a fantastic opportunity to reach Trojan fans throughout the nation. It is also immensely important that we will be able to reach our Hispanic fan base throughout Southern California with ESPN Deportes.”