Will Coachella’s second weekend repeat the small touches?

With the first weekend of this year’s Coachella Music & Art Festival wrapped up, it’s time to reflect on the highlights and see what people are anticipating for weekend two. Of course the one thing everyone’s been talking about is the holographic resurrection of music legend Tupac Shakur during the Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre set. There were a number of guest appearances during that set, including Eminem, Warren G, Kurupt and 50 Cent to name a few but ironically, none of them could live up to the lifelike hologram of Shakur performing “Hail Mary” and rapping along with Snoop.

Despite the much buzzed hologram performance as well as rampant product placement, there was much else to be enjoyed, including impressive performances by Gotye, Florence + The Machine, Santigold, The Black Keys and not surprisingly Radiohead. Both dubstep producers Nero and band Justice sampled Prince songs while Jay-Z and Kanye West’s song “Ni**az in Paris” was sampled and remixed on several occasions over the weekend.

Of course, not everything was perfect. Greg Ginn of Black Flag played a self-absorbed set during which numerous people wandered out. And Justice showed up 25 minutes late, but managed to coax the audience on their side with their energy and amazing lightshow.

Although the second weekend of Coachella has an identical lineup as the first, it’s unclear whether all of the small touches will remain the same such as frontman Jarvis Cocker of Pulp throwing grapes and candy out to the audience. The next round of concertgoers will find out quite soon.