The best articles about Coachella

The Coachella double-header has come to a close and in honor of the event, we bring you a selection of articles from around the web that examine, mock and celebrate this beloved/notorious (depending who you ask) cultural phenomenon.

Funny or Die: “7 Types of People at Coachella

Coachella has become somewhat well-known for attracting a diverse selection of weirdos. Perhaps that’s not fair, as the festival is now so iconic that it attracts basically all types of people, but at any rate Dashiell Driscoll’s snarky enumeration of Coachella archetypes is funny and apt. Driscoll’s overall message is that Coachella has become much less about the music than about the overall experience, man (i.e. all of the drugs, man).

Cracked: “MARIJUANA AT COACHELLA?!?” 

This one speaks for itself.

LA Times: “Three-digit temps bring fatigue and thinner crowds

Coachella tickets are freaking expensive, so it makes sense that festivalgoers flipped a collective sh*t this last weekend when too-high temperatures threatened to spoil the fun. Nevertheless, even though police officers told crowds to “take it easy on both alcohol and sugary drinks,” this was Coachella, so of course they didn’t.

Rolling Stone: “Diehard Coachella Fans Double Down on This Year’s Fest” 

There is something sweetly endearing about the double-attendees interviewed for this article, all of whom would probably go to Coachella every weekend if Coachella were held every weekend.  Per one fan: “The Monday after the first one, I was kind of licking my wounds and I said, ‘Hey, let’s go again!’”

Know Your Meme: “Tupac Hologram

Much of the buzz about this year’s Coachella has centered on the hologram Tupac (which was technically not a hologram) who performed on-stage at each of the two Coachellas alongisde Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre. Some of the more popular memes poke fun at the image itself, e.g. placing Tupac as a ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi, but others mock the audience-members themselves for overreacting to the trick.