DPS, Transportation increase shuttle and bus options

The changes USC Transportation has implemented for the new school year could be a
positive transition back into the fall semester for faculty and students alike.

The USC community can get excited about the return of the Extended Boundaries
Shuttle, which is run by DPS. This shuttle, which runs from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., will take
riders to their homes outside of the allowed areas for all Campus Cruisers, according
to USC Transportation. To order a ride for a trip home, call DPS directly at 213-740-
6000 and a dispatcher will inform you where to meet your shuttle. A map outlining the
boundaries of this new shuttle can be found on the USC Transit website.

Students said these shuttles will reduce the hassle of getting to locations just beyond the
reach of the Campus Cruiser scope. “Student safety, especially in this area, should be a
priority for the USC community. It’s nice to see that DPS is making positive strides in
that area,” Michael Eidman, a junior majoring in communications, said.

The Campus Cruiser fan base will have something to celebrate as well. The student-
driven cars already started service for the semester on Aug. 24. These cruisers are
open from 6 p.m. to 2:45 a.m., while the Leavey Lift will begin operating starting
August 28th, at 3am. Information on Campus Cruiser can be found on via Twitter at
@CampusCruiserSC or by texting “Follow CampusCruiser SC” to 40404. Information
about scheduling a lift can be found on the USC Transit website as well.

Late nights at Leavey Library, The Row or on campus just got safer for some students.
“I am excited to see USC investing in its students and their safety. Particularly in their
regard to extra-curricular and off-campus activities,” Kevin McKormick, a junior
majoring in business administration, said.

Many common and popular USC bus routes have also altered their routine for the
upcoming semester. Various changes to route schedules, stops, and bus times became
effective Monday. The new USCBus schedules and routes can all also be found on the
USC Transit website. Timely information on delays or cancellations are available on
Twitter under the handle @USCBuses.

1. Lance Geier
    Lance Geier says:

Definitely great news! I just hope they will have that implemented as soon as possible. This shouldn’t be just for now but for good. And the parents will be able to have peace of mind because their kids got a transportation to and from school.

2. Fernando Fyffe
    Fernando Fyffe says:

That is great news! Nothing is more important for USC than the safety of their students. They are doing the right decision on bringing back the Extended Bounderies shuttle. Students and faculty will have the convenience they deserve with the increased shuttle and bus options.