Pac-12 Now app debuts

Fans of the Pac-12 now have another way to watch their favorite schools compete — anytime, anywhere.

The Pac-12 Enterprises announced Wednesday that subscribers to their new television network will also be able to get the programming on mobile devices.

Depth concerns · Last year against Stanford, sophomore linebacker Dion Bailey suffered a concussion, costing USC’s defense a top tackler. – Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan

“Today is a game changer in our ability to deliver our content to Pac-12 fans,” said Gary Stevenson, the president of Pac-12 Enterprises, in a statement. “We look forward to putting this technology in the hands of more fans across the country as the college football season unfolds.”

Through the Pac-12 Now application, currently available on the iPad and available on the iPhone and Android operating systems in the next couple of months, customers receiving the station through their normal cable provider will be able to type in their subscription number on a mobile device and stream content.

“With Pac-12 Now for iPad, we are one step closer to achieving our goal of connecting fans with our live programming and feature content when and where they choose to access it,” Stevenson said.

Not all football fans can currently enjoy the network, though. The Pac-12 Networks are available through Cox, Bright House and Time Warner Cable; customers of Charter, DirecTV and Comcast are still without the station.

“We’re working as quickly as possible with our affiliate partners to expand the availability of Pac-12 Now,” Stevenson said.

The app’s first wave of programming will include the San Diego State at Washington and Nevada at California games. The station launched on Aug. 15 and is now available through USC cable on channel 12-1.