USC receiver named Pac-12 Player of the Week

One of the key performers for the Trojans in their 49-10 victory over the Hawaii Warriors on Saturday was sophomore wide receiver Marqise Lee, who was named a Pac-12 Player of the Week alongside UCLA running back Johnathan Franklin and Arizona linebacker Jake Fischer.

In one of his most impressive performances during his tenure at USC, Lee registered 297 all-purpose yards and proved to be a big threat when playing with junior wide receiver Robert Woods. On the first offensive play of the game, Lee took a quick pass from senior quarterback Matt Barkley and skirted past a number of Hawaii defenders on his way to a 75-yard touchdown.

In the third quarter Lee returned his lone kickoff attempt 100 yards for a touchdown, making his second score of the game. Lee had 10 receptions, nearly half of Barkley’s 23 total completions, on Saturday. Fellow starting receiver Woods finished with 42 yards and two touchdowns of his own.

Lee is coming off a freshman campaign that saw him record over 1,100 yards combined with 11 touchdown grabs. He was an All-Pac-12 second team selection and the 2011 Pac-12 Freshman Offensive Co-Player of the Year.

Franklin, meanwhile, recorded 214 yards and three touchdowns on 15 carries in a 49-24 road win over the Rice Owls. Fisher accumulated 13 tackles and a forced fumble in a 24-17 overtime win against Toledo.