Creative tactics provide college-budget fashion

Walking around campus and talking to a variety of students can lead to the discovery of a wide range of  tricks to get more out of your college budget. Here are three highly recommended shortcuts.

eBay

You can find almost anything you want from eBay with dramatic price reductions. One of the drawbacks of eBay is that it does take time to find what you are looking for. If you do find something, the money you save makes the experience worth the wait and extra energy. With eBay, focus on finding jewelry and print t-shirts to get the best finds.

American Apparel Factory Store

The American Apparel Factory Store, which is within minutes of campus, is an easier alternative to eBay. There you will be able to acquire almost everything your heart desires. Be sure to assess your picks carefully as some of the products are slightly damaged. This location is a fantastic place to find fashion-savvy, paint party attire.

Goodwill

You don’t have to be a tailor to transform these cheap finds into masterpieces. A great project to start with is to finding an old pair of jeans and snipping them away to form dynamic, unique cut offs. Also, take lackluster t-shirts and experiment with the old pieces to see if you can add a new inventive twist. Try cutting the sleeves to make a tank top, or if you are feeling really daring, cut off the bottom to make a crop top. While in Goodwill, keep an eye out for large denim shirts — one of the latest street trends that would normaly be overpriced in retail stores.