HAUTE HIGHLIGHTS

Nick Offerman: American Ham Tour

Saturday, Sept. 29 at 8 p.m.

Royce Hall at UCLA

Set aside your grudges and head to UCLA for an evening of comedy.

Though there’s no guarantee he’ll appear mustachioed, Nick Offerman is still sure to bring the laughs Saturday night with his unique routine.

Part performer, part motivational speaker, the dry and impossibly macho actor-comedian will mix storytelling and stand-up during his set. And with the promise of minor nudity, fans of Offerman’s Parks and Recreation character Ron Swanson are surely already lining up outside of Royce Hall.

Lily Tomlin

Friday, Sept. 28 at

8 p.m.

Smothers Theater

Before Tina Fey or Kristen Wiig dazzled viewers on Saturday Night Live, Lily Tomlin kept America laughing with her wacky humor and knack for delivering hilarious facial expressions.

On Saturday, one of comedy’s original funny girls takes the stage at Smothers Theater for a night of stand-up. Though the comedian is also known for her work in films like Nine to Five and her role as Ms. Frizzle on the animated television series The Magic School Bus, Tomlin plans to regale this weekend’s audience with snippets from the iconic Edith Ann and Ernestine sketches.

Tickets aren’t the cheapest, ranging from $40 to $60,  but Tomlin’s comedy- legend status guarantees a knockout performance.

Plus, with the 405 closed this weekend, a trip down the Pacific Coast Highway to Smothers Theater might not be such a bad idea.

Totally 80s

Hollywood Bowl

Saturday, Sept. 29 at 7 p.m.

Hollywood Bowl

If you’ve been looking for an excuse to wear neon tights and form-fitting leotards, check out Totally 80s at the Hollywood Bowl.

On Saturday night, summer comes to its official end as four classic ’80s bands — The Go-Go’s, The Psychedelic Furs, The Motels and Bow Wow Wow — take the stage to perform their greatest hits and guilty pleasures.

Throw on a scrunchie or some Ray-Bans and relive an era you probably weren’t alive to experience. Or just show up as your perfect, modern-day self to rock out to some time-tested pop music.

Band of Horses

Thursday, Sept. 27 at 7:30 p.m.

The Troubadour

To celebrate the release of its latest album, Mirage Rock, Band of Horses continues its U.S. tour at the Troubadour this Thursday evening.

Originating in Seattle, the indie-rock, alt-country band quickly garnered attention for its compelling lyrics and lead singer Ben Bridwell’s spiritually versatile vocals. Tonight, Band of Horses should perform new songs from Mirage Rock as well as hit tracks like “Dilly” and “Compliments” from their Grammy-nominated album Infinite Arms.

With ticket prices at $35, Band of Horses’ latest concert provides rockin’ —and affordable — entertainment.