Terrell named to top 100 players list

USC junior guard J.T. Terrell was named No. 98 on CBS Sports’ list of the top 100 NCAA basketball players on Monday. Terrell, who was recruited to Wake Forest as a freshman, joins this year’s squad as a transfer in an effort to improve on last year’s 6-26 record. Terrell most recently played for Peninsula Junior College in Washington state. He was ranked as the top junior college player in America by Swanny’s Roundball Review.

In high school, Terrell was highly recruited and was named the No. 49 player in America by ESPN. As a freshman, he led his high school to the 2A state title in North Carolina. During his senior year, Terrell was one of the top scorers in the country, averaging 30 points per game.

The 20-year-old junior is one of many Pac-12 players on the list. The No. 3 ranked player, shooting forward Shabazz Muhammad, attends UCLA as a freshman, as does his teammate, No. 20 ranked point guard Kyle Anderson. The Pac-12 gets more representation on the list in the form of No. 36 Colorado junior shooting forward Andre Robinson, No. 42 Arizona senior guard Mark Lyons and No. 46 Cal shooting guard Allen Crabbe.

The Trojans will look to incorporate Terrell into their system as they hope to make improvements under head coach Kevin O’Neill. They open the season against Coppin State on Nov. 9 at the Galen Center.