HAUTE Highlights

Friday the 13th Mini Marathon

Sept. 13th at 5 p.m., Aero Theater, 1328 Montana Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90403

Boo! Friday the 13th has creeped in this month and is making its presence loud and clear. All of its scary fame can be marked up to the man behind the hockey mask, Jason Voorhees. The American Cinematheque honors this Friday the 13th at the Aero Theatre with a mini-marathon, complete with costume and scream contests, dedicated to the first four films in the franchise. This event is sure to be a scream.

Breakfast Club Screening

Sept. 14  from 5:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.

Los Angeles Historic Park, 1245 N. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012

Don’t forget about the final edition of EAT SEE HEAR, which takes place this weekend. Grab a bite from Smokin’ Willie’s Barbecue at the event and see a young Emilio Estevez stick it to the man in a free screening of The Breakfast Club. EAT SEE HERE will also feature various other food trucks, including Currywurst, Lomo Arigato and the Lobos Truck. Catch dinner and a flick under the stars!

Ramen Yokocho Fest

Sept. 14 – 15 from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.

Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Dr., Torrance, CA 90503

Ramen lovers rejoice! The inaugural Ramen Yokocho Festival comes to the South Bay and will feature some of the best renditions of Japanese noodle soup this side of the Pacific. Vendors will include Los Angeles mainstay Daikokuya, as well as stateside ramen-yas hailing from Hawaii, San Jose and Las Vegas. Japanese import Kitakata Ramen Bannai will also be making an appearance, so go out and get your slurp on.

Mad Decent Block Party

Sept. 14th from 12 p.m. – 8 p.m., 1201 W. 5th St., Los Angeles, CA 90017

Summer is winding down, but L.A. is still turnt up. Marking the end of the summer is the Mad Decent’s Block Party. This daytime event has been crossing the nation throughout the summer. With this international collection of party-hard artists, there’s a level of diversity hitting the city. Decent’s Block Party is headed up by label boss Diplo’s Major Lazer, an act bringing enough twerk-enticing good times to power the party on its own. Playact rapper Riff Raff and Diplo protégés the Partysquad the Block Party are sure to keep the party going.

Oddball Fest

Sept. 15th at 5 p.m.

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, 8808 Irvine Center Dr., Irvine, CA

It’s a celebration! Comedian Dave Chappelle brings his pointed cultural humor in his return to stand-up. The infamous man behind Chappelle’s Show will be joining the cast of the Flight of the Conchords  for the Oddball Comedy Festival. This will mark Chappelle’s first public stand-up performance in the Los Angeles area since leaving the Chappelle’s Show.