Freeman earns first team all-conference selection

Freshman defender Mandy Freeman was named to the 2013 All Pac-12 First Team, becoming the first player since 2009 to earn a spot on the all-conference first team.

History · Freshman defender Mandy Freeman’s selection to the first team All-Pac-12 marks the first time a USC player has made the team since 2009. - Jasmine Rolle | Daily Trojan

History · Freshman defender Mandy Freeman’s selection to the first team All-Pac-12 marks the first time a USC player has made the team since 2009. – Jasmine Rolle | Daily Trojan

The Royal Palm Beach, Fla. native started in all 20 games of her first season with the Women of Troy and had one assist in the season opener. Freeman is also the first freshman to be named to an all-conference team since Amy Rodriguez in 2005.

In addition to this recent accolade, Freeman was named to the Minnesota Gold Classic All-Tournament Team and was chosen as CS360 National Freshman of the Week on Oct. 15.

Freshman forward/midfielder Kayla Mills joins Freeman on the 2013 Pac-12 All-Freshman Team while sophomore midfielder Jamie Fink earned All Pac-12 Honorable Mention.

Mills was also an honoree on the Minnesota Gold Classic All-Tournament Team this season. In her first season as a Trojan, she scored four goals and provided eight assists, good for sixth-most assists in a single season in program history.

Fink, who made the All-Freshman Team last year, finished the season with a pair assists and five goals, two of which were game-winners against Florida Atlantic and Oregon State. Earlier this season, Fink was named to the USD All-Tournament Team.

Follow Chelsea on Twitter @chels_stone