HAUTE HIGHLIGHTS

LA International photo exhibition

The 23rd annual International L.A. Photographic Art Exposition will be at the L.A. Mart this weekend. Featuring six installations and dozens of participating galleries from around the world, the exposition has been critically acclaimed since its inception. With special programs each day and contests for area photographers, the exposition will delight art critics and amateur photographers alike.

LA art show

The L.A. Art Show, known as the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience, will be at the L.A. Convention Center from Thursday to Sunday. The exhibit features four distinct sections: Modern and Contemporary, Historic and Traditional Contemporary, the Vintage Poster Section and the IFPDA L.A. Fine Print Fair. Some of the highest-ranked galleries from around the world will be showcased at the longest running showcase for contemporary, modern, historic and traditional art in the United States.

Tyga

Michael Ray Ngyuen-Stevenson, better known as Tyga (an acronym for Thank You God Always), is a chart-topping rapper originally from Compton, Calif. Tickets are selling quickly for his tour, which will hit the Belasco Nightclub on Friday at 9 p.m. Tyga, who didn’t receive much attention until his hit single “Rack City,” is now a major draw, so make sure to “Switch Lanes” on the way downtown to catch his show.

Joan Rivers

As a public hater of, well, everyone, The Queen of Comedy never fails to entertain audiences with slur after slur about public figures, the elderly, fashion wrongdoers and anyone else who happens to draw her ire. Rivers is set to bring humor, insults and plenty of entertainment to Beverly Hills this Friday. In the same tone as her bestselling book “I Hate Everyone, Starting with Me,” Rivers’ performances feature off-color jokes and make a mockery of as many people as possible — often herself included.