Rossier partners abroad

The USC Rossier School of Education has teamed up with Chadwick International, a Pre-K-12th school in Songdo, South Korea, to expand career opportunities and scholarships to Rossier’s online students located in the area.

The partnership will benefit USC students enrolled in Rossier’s Master’s of Arts in Teaching online program. MAT students located in and around Songdo will be able to complete their student teaching period at Chadwick International and will also be considered for employment once their education is complete.

Chadwick International will also take advantage of the new partnership. Teachers at the school who enroll in Rossier’s MAT program will receive a $5,000 scholarship and gain access to the resources offered by USC, including online seminars and Rossier’s alumni network.

Founded in 2010, Chadwick International is the second campus of the Chadwick School. The first is located in Palos Verdes, Calif. The school has an enrollment of 775 students, from both South Korea and other countries around the world.

This partnership adds to the list of Rossier’s partnerships with other schools that provide support for students pursuing their degrees online. Among the others are the Brawley Union High School District in Brawley, Calif. and the Global Village Academy, a network of four foreign language immersion schools located in Colorado.

Karen Symms Gallagher, dean of the Rossier School, expressed optimism about the new partnership.

“We’re happy to welcome Chadwick International to the USC Rossier Trojan Family. Our partnerships with high quality education systems are critical to the success of our MAT graduates,” she said in a press release. “Chadwick shares Rossier’s vision of preparing and supporting exceptional teachers who can help all students, whatever their circumstances, to learn and succeed.”

Charles Sachs, the head of school at Chadwick International, also praised the new relationship between the two schools in the press release.

“The newly established professional partnership between USC Rossier and Chadwick International in Korea represents an exciting educational synergism,” he said. “Chadwick and USC Rossier understand that the global future depends upon not only successfully preparing today’s students but also investing and training the next generation of teachers and school leaders.”