HAUTE Highlights

Hollywood’s 

Biggest Night

Sunday, March 2, 4 p.m.

Grauman’s Million

Dollar Theatre

Is it Leo’s year, or will strong competitors Matthew McConaughey or Chiwetel Ejiofor take home the gold? Find out with friends when the L.A. Historic Theatre Foundation throws its first-ever Oscar-viewing party this Sunday. Head over to the theater’s red carpet and watch the show projected on the big screen. Dress to the nines, as guests can win prizes for being best-dressed. All proceeds go to protecting, preserving and restoring L.A.’s oldest theaters.

Lord Huron 

Saturday, March 1,

9:00 p.m.

Fonda Theatre

It’s “Time to Run” to the Fonda Theatre for some indie tunes courtesy of Lord Huron. The band will be performing shows on Friday and Saturday. The Coachella veterans and L.A. locals will be playing songs from their catalog of EPs as well as their full-length album, Lonesome Dreams.

Double Feature: My Neighbor Totoro and My Neighbors the Yamadas

Saturday, March 1,

7:30 p.m.

Egyptian Theater

Celebrate the 15th anniversary of My Neighbors the Yamadas with a Studio Ghibli double-feature. Spend the evening at the beautiful Egyptian Theater with everybody’s favorite fluffy anime character, Totoro.

Madonna Monroe

Friday – Saturday, 9 p.m. and Sunday, 3 & 7 p.m. through March 16

Cavern Club Theater

Before Miley and Britney, there was Madonna, and even before that was Marilyn Monroe — the original sex symbol of the 1950s who practically created celebrity-dom as we know it today. Writer-director Joe Keane focuses on the first half of this so-called birth order of blonde bombshells in his musical that opens this Friday. The show follows the life of Marilyn Monroe, all to the live tune of early Madonna hits, including “Like a Virgin,” “Like a Prayer” and “Vogue.”