The struggle is real

Mariya Dondonyan | Daily Trojan

Mariya Dondonyan | Daily Trojan

Welcome back to the realities of college life. Syllabus week is over and the not-so-missed weekly readings are upon the student body once again. The daily routine of coffee runs and running on little to no sleep is back in action.

Though some of us students were hoping for just one extra week of rest, others couldn’t wait to hop on their plane back to LAX and be reunited with their new home at USC. Either way, students across campus are experiencing the stresses of classes once again. The struggle is real. Or is it? Here are some quick fixes to common struggles of USC students.

“I slept through all my alarms this morning.”

Make sure you are getting the right kind of sleep during the night. There are some simple steps students can take to ensure that the little sleep they do get, are good ones. Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks too closely to bed, eat right by avoiding heavy meals late at night, drink your alcohol earlier to increase deep sleep, and stretch out before hopping in bed.

“The line at TroGro is to the door and I need my coffee stat.”

When you are in a rush in the morning, but still need that cup of joe, know that your order can be made right at your fingertips. USC offers a smartphone application called Tapingo. This app allows you to select the exact order you would like to place in just seconds, so that when you arrive at the shop you don’t have to wait in the long line.

“I want to go to Cabo for Spring Break, but my parents say it is too dangerous and refuse to let me go.”

Know that there are a lot of people in the same boat as you. Look at different options that could be equally as fun. If you are just looking to get a tan, try Hawaii or Palm Springs. If you are just looking to party, but are under 21, there is always Canada or the Caribbean.