Catch up on these summer hits to get you through the fall

Photo courtesy of www.pri.org

Photo courtesy of www.pri.org

Summer is the perfect time for a new range of musical experiences. From festivals to a plethora of new album releases, the music world expands to new heights as the heat rolls in. We all know the classic summer hits from this year such as Diplo and Major Lazer’s “Lean On” and David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj’s “Hey Mama,” but there were definitely some standout new tracks worth listening to that might not have hit the top charts.

The electronic scene brought vibrant tracks to the radio stations, many of which were only heard if you frequented the festival scene. A perfect top-down summer jam was Alesso ft. Roy English’s “Cool.” This song is the epitome of a Californian dream playlist. Embodying cool beach nights with friends, this song’s punchy beat and stellar vocals make it a must listen coming into fall.

Newcomer Madison Beer was featured on a Mako song called “I Won’t Let You Walk Away.” This song tore up the EDM stations as a summer favorite in the electronic-pop world. Beer’s lyrics paint the perfect summer love story along with an upbeat synth-filled chorus perfect for a road trip playlist.

If girl-power pop music is more your style, Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea teamed up for “Pretty Girls.” The song, though somewhat sugar-pop, proves itself as a catchy and slightly empowering anthem. The lyrics follow a club-style theme, and the beat is fairly basic but somehow still stays in your head.

For the funky bunch music crowd, this summer brought the heat with artists such as Unknown Mortal Orchestra with their hit “Can’t Keep Checking My Phone.” A vintage Tame-Impala-style track brings out the chill summer nights vibe that would still transition perfectly into fall. Electric guitars with a vintage sound will never get old — especially on this track.

American Idol alumni Adam Lambert came out of a long period of hiatus with an incredible summer hit called “Ghost Town.” There was a reason he made it so far in the competition many years ago with his killer rock-inspired vocals. This club style mix brings the perfect amount of electro-pop mixed perfectly with a rock influence in typical Adam Lambert diva style.

No matter what stations you listened to or what festivals you attended, this summer offered an unending amount of new music. From electro to pop to indie-funk, the music you missed this summer might just have become your new grooves for this fall.