USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Department of Public Safety incident report summary between Wednesday, Sept. 16 and Thursday, Sept. 17. 

Crimes against a person

At 10:26 a.m. on Sept. 16, a student reported that a suspect pushed her off the sidewalk on 34th Street and Figueroa Street and then jogged past him. The suspect could not be located.

At 7:15 p.m. on Sept. 16, a student was struck by a vehicle while riding her bicycle near the corner of Jefferson Boulevard and Hoover Street. The student sustained injuries to her hip and foot and was subsequently transported to a local hospital for medical attention.

Crimes against property

At 1:57 a.m. on Sept. 16, a student was cited to Judicial Affairs for removing three boxes of paper towels from a location on Downey Way and Watt Way.

At 3:12 p.m. on Sept. 16, it was reported that a subject drove a vehicle into a chain link fence at a temporary research facility. The subject left the scene without reporting the run-in.

At 4:07 p.m. on Sept. 16, it was reported that a suspect had removed a backpack from Dedeaux Field that morning.

At 5:41 p.m. on Sept. 16, it was reported that a suspect removed a burgundy 1991 Toyota Camry parked in Parking Structure D.

At 8:05 p.m. on Sept. 16, it was reported that a suspect removed a bicycle from the Albert S. Raubenheimer Music Faculty Memorial Building.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 3:45 p.m. on Sept. 16, a juvenile tried to purchase food with a counterfeit $20 bill at Blanche & Frank R. Seaver Student Residence Hall.

At 4:05 p.m. on Sept. 16, a fire alarm was activated at the Ahmanson Center for Biological Research due to unknown causes. The incident was later reported as an alarm malfunction.

At 5:43 p.m. on Sept. 16, a non-USC male matching the description of a suspect in a previous sexual battery report was detained for questioning on 29th Street. He was subsequently released.

At 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 16, a student was examined at the Internationally Themed Residential College and released to get medical treatment after she reported that she had been coughing up blood.

At 3:25 a.m. on Sept. 17, a student was treated and released at Portland Villa after suffering from an asthma attack.

At 4:22 a.m. on Sept. 17, two suspects were observed loading locked bicycles into a shopping cart. When officers attempted to contact them, the suspects abandoned the bikes and fled on foot. The bikes were then impounded at the DPS office.