USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the Department of Public Safety incident report summary on Tuesday, Sept. 22. 

Crimes against a person

At 7:50 a.m. on Sept. 22, a student was subject to a hit and run in the Health Sciences campus parking structure. The student reported that another vehicle hit hers while it was parked in the structure. The driver of the other vehicle, who did not leave a note or report the incident, left the scene.

At 6:45 p.m. on Sept. 22, a vehicle struck a student riding his bicycle near Adams Boulevard and Figueroa Street. The student was not seriously harmed but reported several abrasions on his arm and a pain in his wrist. He was released at the scene and did not require further medical attention.

Crimes against property

At 9:00 a.m. on Sept. 22, a blue 1955 Honda Civic was stolen near the University Park Campus Public Safety Office. The vehicle is still missing.

At 9:08 a.m. on Sept. 22, a man drove his vehicle into a cement planter at the Kenneth Norris Jr. Cancer Hospital Research Institute. The collision caused moderate damage to the vehicle and minor damage to the planter. The man was not a USC student or faculty member.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 9:05 p.m on Sept. 22, a student fell and hit his head on the ground near Parking Structure A. The student was transported to the hospital for medical treatment.