How to wear fringe this fall

If there’s anything we can learn from Fashion Week runways around the world, it’s that fringe is (once again) having a moment. High fashion designers like Chanel and Proenza Schouler reintroduced us to the allure of the shredded edge last fall, and the trend has stood its ground ever since. But nobody’s complaining as this nod to the ’70s is one of the most fun trends to wear — anyone who’s twirled around in a fringe dress can confirm that. This fall, you’ll find fringe on the hemlines of skirts, edges of jackets and carefully placed on shoes and accessories. It adds life and movement to any outfit, and is a simple trick to looking undeniably cool. Here are four ways to incorporate this playful trend into your outfits this fall:

1. The Jacket
A fringe jacket is the perfect way to add an edgy flair to any look. Wear this versatile piece with jeans and a casual tee, or dress it up with a sleek dress or modern skirt. Stores like Forever 21 and H&M are fully stocked with variations of this fun jacket. While black is a popular choice, you’ll find them in other neutral tones such as gray and beige as well — a great way to mix it up.

Forever21 Fringe Jacket $54.90

Forever21 Fringe Jacket $54.90

2. The Skirt
It’s no surprise that Zara has a killer selection of fringe pieces to shop from this fall. This navy skirt is a super fun staple perfect for any occasion. Wear it with a structured top or sweater and pair it with booties for a super chic look — and by all means, dance around in it!

Zara Fringe Skirt $35.90

Zara Fringe Skirt $35.90

3. The Clutch
An all-time favorite of mine, a fringed clutch should be your go-to piece to add flair and personality to a dressier look. Make it the focus of your outfit by carrying it as a pop of color, and pair it with neutral and minimalist pieces to keep it in the spotlight. For those who are hesitant about wearing such a bold trend, accessorizing with a fringed bag can be a great way to try it out.

Zara Fringe Clutch $49.90

Zara Fringe Clutch $49.90

4. The Bootie
A fringe bootie is a must-have this fall.  It gives a unique edge to the classic shoe we all know and adore. I love the detail on these Topshop booties; the fringe is subtle yet makes such a big difference. Wear them to class or out to dinner with friends – they’ll go with just about anything, so have fun with it.

Topshop Fringed Bootie $150.00

Topshop Fringed Bootie $150.00