USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Department of Public Safety incident report summary between Thursday, Oct. 15, and Friday, Oct. 16. 

Crimes against a person

At 5:00 p.m. on Oct. 15, an attempted robbery was reported outside the Smart & Final supermarket. A suspect approached a student and punched him several times in the face while demanding his cell phone. The suspect fled to a nearby vehicle and drove off after the student refused to comply and defended himself.

Crimes against property

AT 12:34 P.M. on Oct. 15, it was reported that a suspect stole two bikes from 2343 Scarff Street.

At 1:13 P.m. on Oct. 15, it was reported that a suspect removed a bike from outside the USC Credit Union building.

At 3:07 p.m. on Oct. 15, it was reported that a staff member backed into a student’s vehicle at Parking Structure C, causing unspecified damage to the vehicle.

At 3:41 p.m. on Oct. 15, a student reported that four unauthorized charges were made on his or her credit card by a suspect.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 9:13 a.m. on Oct. 15, a non-USC female drove her vehicle onto a sidewalk near Health Center 1 to avoid hitting pedestrians. There was no damage to the vehicle or property.

At 10:31 a.m. on Oct. 15, it was reported that a student observed smoke coming from another student’s experiment at the Robert Glen Rapp Engineering Research Building and activated a fire alarm from a pull station.

At 11:04 a.m. on Oct. 15, a student was transported to the Student Health Center after falling at Parking Structure A and injuring his head, knee and ankle.

At 12:06 p.m. on Oct. 15, a student was transported from Parking Structure A to a local hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

AT 2:16 P.m. on Oct. 15, a student reported his parking permit missing at the Health Sciences Campus Parking Structure.

At 7:46 p.m. on Oct. 15, it was reported that a student was transported from the Lyon Center to a local hospital after injuring his ankle.