USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the Department of Public Safety incident report summary between Thursday, Oct. 22, and Friday, Oct. 23. 

Crimes against a person

At 4:26 p.m. on Oct. 22, it was reported that a patient at the Keck Hospital of USC reported that an employee slapped his hand. The patient will not be pressing criminal charges against the employee.

Crimes against property

At 9:03 a.m. on Oct. 22, a vehicle was reported as vandalized at 36th Street and Catalina Street. The student’s car was scratched with a hard object.

At 10:40 a.m. on Oct. 22, a student reported that an unknown suspect had made unauthorized purchases with the student’s personal credit card.

At 10:50 a.m. on Oct. 22, a student’s bicycle was reported as stolen off campus at 1211 37th Dr.

At 4:55 p.m. on Oct. 22, a student’s laptop was stolen from the University Gateway Apartments.

At 8:23 p.m. on Oct. 22, a student at the New/North Residence Hall reported that a suspect had entered his room and vandalized his TV and laptop. No property was stolen.

Miscellaneous incidents

At 3:15 p.m. on Oct. 22, a student near the Health Sciences Campus reported that she believed her boyfriend had installed spyware on her computer.

At 12:09 a.m. on Oct. 23, it was reported that a student was taken to a local hospital to be treated for intoxication. The student, who was picked up at the Row, was underage.

At 3:17 p.m. on Oct. 23, it was reported that a staff member who sustained injuries during a fall was transported to a local clinic for treatment.