Say “hello” to the five best covers of Adele’s new single

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 4.37.55 PM

A few weeks Adele once again rocked the musical world — actually, the world as a whole — with “Hello.” The single off of her upcoming album 25 is an emotionally intense ballad about love, loss and all the complexities that come with that. It takes a great amount of courage to match the soaring vocals of the acclaimed British songstress, but these five brave Youtube stars have risen to the challenge.

1. Rhyon and Major

This heart-wrenching duet from two rising vocalists is filled with the R&B soul Adele’s original craves. Actress and USC alum, Rhyon certainly proves her singing chops with this track. Hopefully, there’s more to come from her in the future.

2. Leroy Sanchez

Perhaps the cover that has garnered the most media attention, singer-songwriter Leroy Sanchez’s version astounds listeners. Sanchez hits all of those impossible high notes, and while he’s had successful covers in the past, the vocal range he demonstrates here makes it the most impressive.

3. Lianna Joy

An emerging cover star, Lianna Joy takes on Adele’s single by speeding up the piano track and bringing it down an octave or two to make it more manageable. That, however, does not take away from Joy’s incredible vocal talent — the intensity of her emotion is palpable through the screen.

4. Stephen

Silverlake-based singer-songwriter Stephen completely captivated me. He incorporates instrumental guitar to give the ballad a rock ‘n’ roll edginess. Yet, he maintains the integrity of the track with his raw, emotional vocals. Stephen also adds a new twist on the cover by combining it with “Rolling in the Deep.”

1. William Singe

Another male singer-songwriter steps up to the plate, but this time adds a unique flair when it comes to the production. Rather than sticking to the piano ballad or acoustic track, he mixes those with a drumbeat, adding the depth of an R&B song.