Fagenble, Jaco earn All-Pac-12 honors

The Pac-12 chose two Trojans to be featured on the All-Pac-12 women’s basketball team, which was announced Monday.

Graduate forward Temi Fagbenle earned a spot on the team after her first and only season as a Trojan and junior guard Courtney Jaco was given an honorable mention. The all-conference team honors the top 15 players and also awarded 13 players with honorable mentions.

Fagbenle came to USC after finishing an undergraduate degree at Harvard and playing on the 2012 British Olympic women’s basketball team. This season, she notched nine double-doubles while leading the team in scoring with an average of 13.6 points per game.

She also led the Trojans in blocks with 1.2 per game and rebounds with 8.5 per game. After leading the team to upset UCLA earlier in the season, she was named Pac-12 Player of the Week. As a team captain, Fagbenle helped to open the season with 12 straight wins and her presence was consistently impactful as she scored in double figures for 21 games and rebounded in double digits for 11 games.

After switching from a shooting guard to the point guard in the absence of senior Brianna Barrett, Jaco has become a leader this season. She leads the team in steals with 1.8 per game and provides 2.1 assists and a perfect 21-for-21 record from the free throw line. From long distance, Jaco has already scored 66 3-point shots this season and is fifth in all-time Trojan history with 139 career 3s. She was also named a Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention last year.