Four Trojans selected in the NFL Draft

Linebacker Su'a Cravens was among four Trojans chosen in the 2016 NFL Draft. - Ralf Cheung | Daily Trojan

Linebacker Su’a Cravens was among four Trojans chosen in the 2016 NFL Draft. – Ralf Cheung | Daily Trojan

Four Trojans were drafted and seven more signed as undrafted free agents in another busy NFL Draft for the football team.

The draft took place in Chicago and spanned three days — Thursday through Saturday.

Linebacker Su’a Cravens topped the list of USC entries into the NFL, drafted 53rd overall by the Washington Redskins in the second round. Cravens, one of the Trojans’ most reliable and versatile defensive players as a hybrid safety-linebacker, leaves a big hole on the defensive line.

Thirteen picks later, center Max Tuerk was selected by the San Diego Chargers 66th overall in the third round. Tuerk, who started since his freshman year at USC, missed the last nine games last season with a torn ACL.

Quarterback Cody Kessler also went in third round 93rd overall to the Cleveland Browns, a much higher selection than expected. Kessler may see playing time in Cleveland at some point down the line and will look to aid a franchise with well-documented struggles at the quarterback position.

Cornerback Kevon Seymour wrapped up the Trojans’ draftees, having to wait until the sixth round to hear his name called. Seymour will join the Buffalo Bills, who picked him 218th overall.

Developments did not stop there, however, as seven Trojans — as of Saturday night — have signed with NFL teams as undrafted free agents: fullback Soma Vainuka to the Houston Texans, running back Tre Madden to the Seattle Seahawks, defensive lineman Antwaun Woods to the Tennessee Titans, defensive lineman Claude Pelon to the New York Jets, defensive lineman Delvon Simmons and linebacker Anthony Sarao to the Indianapolis Colts and defensive lineman Greg Townsend to the Oakland Raiders.

With four draftees, the Trojans remain on top of the NCAA with most all-time NFL draft picks (496), three more than Notre Dame (493).