LA Food Fest to showcase extensive culinary scene

The LA Food Fest is back bigger than ever this year. The three-day festival will run from July 8 to July 10 in Exposition Park, commencing with a special event known as the Rose Garden Kick-Off Party.

The party will begin at 7 p.m. and feature guest chefs including Seoul Sausage and Hanjip creator Chris Oh, Howlin’ Rays chef Johnny Ray Zone and Starry Kitchen and Button Mash’s founders Nguyen Tran and Thi Tran.

The event offers two different access passes to the three-day cultural event — the all-exclusive VIP “Golden Hour,” basically an all-you-can-eat pass offered to a few thousand attendees, priced at $69. This pass will also allow visitors to have unlimited sampling in the MRKT,  two drink tickets for use at the Food Fest Bars and early access to all the cash bars. If that is too expensive, the general admission MRKT pass which allows attendees to craft their own food and drink experience for $15 online and $20 at the door. All tickets allow re-entry into the MRKT festival throughout the weekend.

Both Saturday and Sunday of the LA Food Fest will follow the same schedule for admission. The Food Fest is  designed to allow each visitor to have his or her  own special food adventure with different options located throughout the festival grounds. In addition, a “Hangry Brunch” is offered both days to “Golden Hour” attendees. Tickets range from $150 for these meal events and are featured in the exclusive Rose Garden Pop-Up Restaurant. Such meals will include a multi-course, family-style meal paired with beer and wine selections.

Showcasing more than 100 food trucks, carts and street-inspired eats, the LA Food Fest will feature a 250-person, chef-driven “long table” event in the festival’s Rose Garden Pop-Up Restaurant. In addition, live music and DJ sets will accompany the beer and wine offerings, craft cocktails and numerous vegan-friendly selections.

New to this year’s LA Food Fest are festival games that will be featured on the lawn. Attendees  can have some fun after attending the ice cream social or visiting Donutville. In addition, a new “Food Porn” cinema experience will allow visitors a chance to recharge their appetites. Some other noteworthy stops at the LA Food Fest include the Beverage Barn, Iced Coffee Lounge and the new Kombucha Bar.

The LA Food Fest will allow visitors to have a better understanding of Los Angeles’ diverse culinary culture and also provide them unique cultural experience right in the heart of the city.  More details about the event can be found online.