USC vs. Utah — as it happened

Last updated:
USC Football Live Scores

Scoring plays

Win probability

• Jordan Renville / Daily Trojan
📌 PINNED
Leila MacKenzie & Daniel Palmore from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum; Jonathan Park from the newsroom; photos: Jordan Renville

FINAL: USC 32, Utah 34.

With the Trojans dropping their second game in a row after another shaky performance, Utah continues to be the the thorn in USC’s side.

8:26 p.m.

Utah hits a game-winning field goal, the Trojans drop their second game in a row.

Bryson Barnes leads a game-winning drive and the Utes convert on a 39-yard field goal. The Trojans’ comeback effort falls short as USC’s struggles against Utah continue.

8:18 p.m.

Utah faces a 4th and 1 and has just called its first timeout of the half. The Trojans are looking for one last stop to put this one away. The ball is currently placed at USC’s 42-yard line.

8:15 p.m.

After further review, defensive lineman Bear Alexander has been ejected from tonight’s game for targeting. It is currently 1st and 15 for Utah at their own 44-yard line and the Utes are down by just 1 point.

8:14 p.m.

USC commits a critical roughing the passer penalty and the Utes are now set up on their own 49-yard line. The play is currently being reviewed for targeting.

8:12 p.m.

After leading for most of the night, the Utes now face 3rd and 9 at their own 26-yard line. USC looks to get two more stops to put this game away.

8:08 p.m.

TOUCHDOWN TROJANS.

Caleb Williams takes the qb draw up the middle and scores on an 11-yard touchdown run. USC now leads 32-31 after another failed two-point conversion attempt.

8:07 p.m.

ZACHARIAH BRANCH DOES IT AGAIN. After a huge 61-yard punt return, the Trojans are set up at Utah’s 11-yard line looking to taking the lead.

8:02 p.m.

The Utes begin their next drive at their own 25-yard line as they look to put the Trojans away. USC will look to get one more stop to give Caleb Williams and the offense a shot to take the lead.

8:00 p.m.

The Trojans catch a break as Williams recovers his own fumble on the sack. Denis Lynch nails a 36-yard field goal as the Trojans are now down by five with 3:03 remaining in the game. Utah will get the ball back up 31-26.

7:56 p.m.

Caleb Williams finds Mario Williams for a 15-yard completion to set the Trojans up in the red zone. It’s 1st and 10 for USC from Utah’s 14-yard line.

7:48 p.m.

The Trojans are set to get the ball back on offense down 31-23. USC will look to respond with 8:24 remaining in the game.

7:47 p.m.

The Trojan defense stands tall in the red zone. The Utes will settle for a field goal to try and extend their lead to eight.

7:46 p.m.

Sione Vaki’s 23-yard run has Utah set up inside USC’s 20-yard line.

7:37 p.m.

TOUCHDOWN TROJANS.

USC gets a much needed defensive score as safety Calen Bullock takes the interception to the house. The Trojans still find themselves down 28-23 after a failed two-point conversion.

7:31 p.m.

That’s the end of the 3rd quarter.

(Jordan Renville/Daily Trojan)

The Trojans find themselves down 11 points heading into the fourth quarter. Utah leads 28-17.

7:29 p.m.

Williams finds Kyron Hudson for the touchdown. However, the play is called back after fouls on both teams. It will be a replay of 3rd and 9 from Utah’s 27-yard line.

7:26 p.m.
Williams finds Tahj Washington for a big first down. The Trojans gained 40 yards on the play and are now approaching the red zone with the ball at Utah’s 28-yard line.

Touchdown Utes.

Utah is now up two scores after Barnes finds Sione Vaki for a 15-score. The Trojans now face an uphill battle down 28-14.

7:15 p.m.

A 27-yard carry for Ja’Quinden Jackson gives the Utes the ball at USC’s 15 yard line.

7:05 p.m.

Zachariah Branch returns the kickoff for 27-yards. USC begins its next drive on its own 32-yard line.

7:01 p.m.
  • The Utes take the lead as Barnes Landen King in the end zone for a six-yard touchdown. The PAT is good.
6:53 p.m.

Williams is sacked for a loss of 5-yards and USC begins the half with a three-and-out. After the punt, Utah will begin at their own X-yard line.

6:29 p.m.

That’s the end of the first half.

(Jordan Renville / Daily Trojan)

The Trojans and Utes are tied at 14 and USC will receive the second half kickoff.

6:25 p.m.

The crowd got excited when Branch fielded the punt. Ultimately, Branch lost two yards on the return. With 1:18 left in the second quarter, the Trojans are looking to get a score before the half ends.

6:21 p.m.

Aided by a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against Utah, the Trojans get a stop on defense. It’s 4th and 22 for Utes with a punt on the way.

6:18 p.m.

The drive continues as Vaki rushes 20-yards to the USC 41. Just over two minutes remain in the first half.

6:16 p.m.

The Utes gain 17 yards on a pass to wide receiver Devaughn Vele. With a scoreless quarter so far, Utah is trying to get something cooking before the end of the half.

6:15 p.m.

A screen pass wasn’t enough to get the Trojans a 1st down. Following the punt, Utah will begin on offense at their own 20-yard line.

6:12 p.m.

The Trojans are moving the chains after Williams connects with tight end Lake McRee for a 32-yard gain. The ball is at the Utah 49-yard line.

6:09 p.m.

The Utes are stuffed at the line-of-scrimmage on 4th down and the Trojans will take over at their own 17-yard line.

6:07 p.m.

Bryson connects with Vaki for a 36-yard gain. A 15-yard penalty against the Trojans pushes the Utes further into USC territory. Utah has a 1st& 10 at the USC 25-yard line.

6:01 p.m.

A pass intended for Duce Robinson is incomplete on 3rd down and the Trojans’ drive stalls. USC will punt from its own 36-yard line.

5:59 p.m.

After further review, the pass is incomplete. It’ll be 2nd and 10 for the Trojans at their own 25-yard line.

5:57 p.m.

The Trojans turn the ball over for the first time tonight after Marshawn Lloyd fumbles on a pass from Williams. The play is currently under review.

5:53 p.m.

The USC defense forces a 4th & 18 deep in Utah territory. After the punt, the Trojan offense will return to the field at their own 20-yard line.

5:51 p.m.

Defensive end Ramello Height pushes the Utes back with the first sack of the night.

5:48 p.m.

The Trojans punted on 4th and 1. The Utes will begin their next series at their own 20-yard line after the 46-yard punt by USC.

5:45 p.m.

We’re all tied at the end of the first quarter at 14.

(Jordan Renville / Daily Trojan)

The Trojans face a 4th and 1 at their own 34-yard line when the second quarter begins.

5:41 p.m.

The Trojans begin their third drive of the night at their own 25-yard line. Branch returns the kickoff for 24 yards.

5:38 p.m.

Touchdown Utes.

The Utes even the score at 14. Barnes keeps the ball and runs up the middle for a 10-yard score. PAT is good.

5:36 p.m.

Utah is in the red zone after a 19-yard carry by Ja’Quinden Jackson.

5:33 p.m.

The Utes have a 1st & 10 at the USC 32-yard line after a 9-yard pickup on 4th & 4.

5:31 p.m.

Now trailing by seven, the Utes get the ball back. A big return of 37 yards from Money Parks gives Utah the ball at its own 47-yard line.

5:25 p.m.

Williams finds Tahj Washington for a 52-yard completion. The Trojans have the ball at Utah’s 1-yard line.

5:21 p.m.

The Trojans force their first 4th down of the evening with the assistance of a 5-yard penalty. Following the punt, the USC offense will take over at their own 16-yard line.

5:16 p.m.

The Utes are back on the field on offense. Utah will start its second drive at the 29-yard line.

5:12 p.m.

TOUCHDOWN TROJANS.

And just like that, running back Marshawn Lloyd breaks a tackle for the 45-yard rushing touchdown. PAT is good.

5:12 p.m.

Williams has gotten the offense going with a 13-yard scramble to the Utah 45-yard line.

5:10 p.m.

The Trojans will begin their first offensive drive from their own 25-yard line.

5:09 p.m.

Touchdown Utes.

The Utes open up the game’s scoring action as Barnes finds safety Sione Vaki for a 53-yard touchdown. PAT is good.

5:06 p.m.

Bryson Barnes is at quarterback for Utah. The Utes will begin their drive at their own 25-yard line.

5:04 p.m.

The Trojans have won the coin toss and elected to defer.

USC will kick-off to start the game and the defense will look for an early stop to get the ball in the hands of Williams.

4:35 p.m.

30-minutes from kick-off — the Trojans are warming up to avenge last season’s losses against Utah.

3:48 p.m.

Utah senior quarterback Cameron Rising is officially ruled out for this afternoon’s match-up. Rising would’ve been a huge boost to the Utes offense.

Trending Posts

ADVERTISEMENTS

Looking to advertise with us? Visit dailytrojan.com/ads.