WOMEN’S BASKETBALL — 2023-24

USC vs. Colorado — as it happened

Last updated:

Scoring plays

Win probability

Game flow

Leaders

Points

Rebounds

Assists

• (Bryce Dechert / Daily Trojan)
    📌 PINNED
    Thomas Johnson & Leila MacKenzie from Galen Center; photos by Bryce Dechert

There’s a ranked women’s basketball matchup on deck at Galen Center.

No. 7 USC is hosting No. 11 Colorado, a team that took down the Trojans earlier this season. The teams have gone in opposite directions since that game though, as USC is riding a six-game winning streak while Colorado has dropped two straight.

We’re reporting live on location. Refresh to see new updates.

9:00 p.m.

Inside the final two minutes, the Trojans still lead by double-digits. If nothing crazy goes down, USC should have its seventh straight win and its fifth win over a ranked opponent.

8:50 p.m.

With 38 points so far tonight, JuJu Watkins has officially surpassed Cheryl Miller for the most 30-point games in a single season at USC.

8:48 p.m.

USC appears to be running away with this one. Five minutes remain and the Trojans lead 79-69.

8:35 p.m.

Despite a sloppy start to the half, the Trojans appear to have regained their mojo. They enter the fourth period with a 67-61 lead.

Foul trouble is seriously hurting the Buffs as Jaylyn Sherrod was sent to the bench with four fouls after posting 11 points and six assists.

8:27 p.m.

After falling behind by four points, USC made a quick resurgence to regain the lead at 61-59. The crowd is really getting into it as the Trojans look to stay ahead for good.

8:19 p.m.

There is some USC frustration on the court. JuJu Watkins was just hit with an offensive foul after she hit a Colorado player in the face, Watkins’ ninth turnover of the game. That is already a career-high turnover total for Watkins, with still over a quarter and a half to play. The game is still tied at 53-53.

8:15 p.m.

Colorado has tied the game up at 53 apiece thanks to two Buffalo free throws. The Trojans have had a sloppy start to the third quarter.

8:13 p.m.

At 53-50, the Trojans are still holding on to the lead, but turnovers are beginning to pose a challenge. Just over halfway through the game, Watkins has tied her season-high for turnovers in a single game with seven.

8:11 p.m.

Colorado nailed a trio of threes to close out the first half with a 9-0 run. The Trojans are looking to cut off the Buff’s momentum to start the third period. Forbes already picked up an and one to open the second half of scoring.

7:53 p.m.

That’s half. For a moment, it looked like the Trojans would run away with a double-digit lead, especially after shooting 10-12 from three, but Colorado was able to keep up. Heading into the final 20 minutes of play, the Trojans lead 47-43.

7:44 p.m.

USC has been shooting lights out from downtown, knocking down eight of their 10 shots from range. Three-pointers have accounted for 24 of the Trojans’ 41 points as they lead by 10.

7:37 p.m.

JuJu Watkins seems to bring her best stuff against the best teams. She already has 22 points — 9 of them coming from the 3-point line — and it’s not even halftime. USC leads 35-29.

7:27 p.m.

At the first-period break, the Trojans have a narrow 22-19 lead after Colorado hit a buzzer-beating layup. Watkins already has double-digit points as she’s accounted for 15 of USC’s 22.

7:22 p.m.

USC is already in the bonus with 2:30 remaining in the first period. Colorado is not far behind, as the Trojans have committed four fouls — one off the number to get into the bonus. 

7:15 p.m.

Heading into the first timeout of an already physical game, USC is neck-and-neck with Colorado as the score stands at 11-9. The Trojans are shooting 50% from the field and beyond the arc.

7:02 p.m.

The starting lineup for USC:

G JuJu Watkins

G McKenzie Forbes

G Kayla Padilla

F Kaitlyn Davis

C Rayah Marshall

6:46 p.m.

Tipoff is 15 minutes away between No. 7 USC and No. 11 Colorado. Galen Center is starting to fill out, but the student section has a lot left to be desired. 

All the normal starters are warming up – there seems to be no surprise injuries as of now.