(Don’t worry, this text box won’t show up when you preview or post the article)

Before you post:

• Did you add the hed as the post title?
  • Add the dek to 3 places: the text box, meta description and excerpt?
  • Set all images to “large?”
  • Add all authors to the custom field?
  • Select all relevant categories (section, beat, main feature etc.)?
  • Tag the article with all staff collaborators, section, and semester?
  • Add the featured image?

Lastly, PREVIEW the article to make sure everything looks how you want it to, and check for double spaces.

To publish for the following day at midnight schedule the article to 00:00 on the next day’s date.

The biggest concerts to check out this fall

From festivals to residencies, all can jam out across Los Angeles’ venues this season.

By SAMMY BOVITZ
Ariel Li / Daily Trojan

After a loaded summer featuring dozens of new albums, it’s finally time for the brightest stars in music to begin touring again. From rap to pop and everything in between, here are a few of the most exciting shows to keep in your calendar.

Clairo at the Fonda Theatre

Fresh off the success of her latest album “Charm” and hit track “Juna,” the bedroom pop singer is bringing her talents to an extended run of shows at the Fonda Theatre. This series of concerts in Los Angeles will kick off her “Charm” tour, which is slated to cross the United States and Canada through early November.

Clairo will be supported in L.A. by hip-hop duo Paris Texas, whose 2023 album “MID AIR” was praised by The Guardian as “acerbic, vulnerable and swaggering all at the same time.”

Clairo’s residency at the Fonda Theatre features shows on Sept. 6 through 8, then on Sept. 10 and 11.

Childish Gambino at Crypto.com Arena

It’s been a big year for Donald Glover’s musical persona, with the “3.15.20” reissue “Atavista” and brand-new LP “Bando Stone and The New World” — which Glover claims will be the final album under the Childish Gambino moniker.

“Bando Stone” will be supported by a full-length film as well as “The New World Tour,” which began Aug. 11 in Oklahoma City and is touring arenas across North America, Europe and Oceania. Supporting Gambino will be WILLOW, whose new album “empathogen” was described by Pitchfork as “her most expansive and musically refined project to date.”

“The New World Tour” comes to L.A. on Sept. 18 and 19.

KAYTRANADA at BMO Stadium

The acclaimed producer, DJ and curator delighted audiences once again with his recent album “TIMELESS,” boasting collaborations as diverse as Gambino, PinkPantheress, Thundercat and Anderson .Paak. His new tour in support of the LP is taking a unique approach, primarily tackling outdoor venues like amphitheaters and festivals.

Fitting into this theme is his show at BMO Stadium, home of soccer teams L.A. FC and Angel City FC and just steps away from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.  He’ll be supported at his L.A. show by Channel Tres and Amaarae, with the former’s recent album “Head Rush” featuring similarly diverse collaborations like Ty Dolla $ign and Estelle.

KAYTRANADA headlines BMO Stadium Oct. 26.

LCD Soundsystem at Shrine Auditorium

Despite the lack of a new album  since “american dream” dropped in 2017, the rock band is still going strong through their ongoing series of residencies. Their latest will be a quartet of concerts at the Shrine Auditorium on consecutive evenings, beginning on Halloween, before going on to headline the nearby Hollywood Palladium for another four nights. No opener for any of the L.A. shows has been announced as of press time.

LCD Soundsystem plays the Shrine from Oct. 31 through Nov. 3.

SEVENTEEN at BMO Stadium

One of many K-pop groups to accumulate a massive fanbase stateside, SEVENTEEN will be ending a brief U.S. leg of their “Right Here” tour in L.A. The sheer demand for the group’s presence here led to their one-night presence in L.A. being doubled. 

Confusingly, SEVENTEEN features just 13 members. The name is derived from three things. First, their 13 members add on to their one “team” to make 14. Then, there’s their group’s unique split into three “units” — one for “hip-hop,” one for “vocals” and one to “performance.” SEVENTEEN is set to play for audiences of over 17,000 by way of the 22,000-seat BMO Stadium.

SEVENTEEN takes over L.A. Nov. 9 and 10.

Sabrina Carpenter at Crypto.com Arena

Even Adele couldn’t get Sabrina Carpenter’s “Espresso”  out of her head. Lucky for her, the breakout pop sensation is embarking on an arena tour to support her smash hit album “Short n’ Sweet.”

Her West Coast run — which includes three shows in the L.A. area — will be supported by Declan McKenna, whose recent effort “What Happened to the Beach?” features hit track “Mulholland’s Dinner and Wine,” which is at over 200,000 YouTube views and counting.

The “Short n’ Sweet Tour” is at Crypto.com Arena Nov. 15.

Camp Flog Gnaw at Dodger Stadium

For the 10th time, 2024 Coachella headliner Tyler, the Creator is bringing his Camp Flog Gnaw festival back to Dodger Stadium for another special weekend. While headliners have not been announced as of press time, past stars have included luminaries like Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Williams alongside rising stars, most notably the performance of a young Billie Eilish back in 2018.

Camp Flog Gnaw runs from Nov. 16 to 17.