Football reels in five-star receiver to its big 2025 class

Jerome Myles is the fifth-ranked reciever in the entire country, a huge get for Riley.

By STEFANO FENDRICH

USC football made a big splash in the recruiting game Wednesday as five-star wide receiver Jerome Myles announced his commitment to play for Head Coach Lincoln Riley and the Trojans next season.

Myles was a hot commodity as USC beat out Big Ten rivals Michigan, Ohio State and UCLA for his signature, as well as college football powerhouses LSU and Tennessee.

“USC just blew everybody out of the water,” Myles said in an interview with ESPN. “They produce the most NFL draft picks, and the wide receiver development is crazy.”

Myles is currently the No. 30-ranked player in the 2025 class while being a top-five wide receiver in his class, according to 247Sports’ recruitment rankings. The 6 foot 2 inch receiver has track-like speed and, according to national recruiting analyst Greg Biggins, “shows the ability to make contested catches over a corner or catch a ball down by his ankles.”

He’ll join another highly touted 2025 offensive recruit for USC, quarterback Julian Lewis. A very sought-after recruit in his own right, Lewis is ranked as a five-star and the No. 15 player in the country by 247Sports Composite rankings. Myles and Lewis could be a dynamic duo in the making for the Trojans in just a few years.

Myles had initially committed to play at Ole Miss before pulling his commitment and eventually ending up with the Trojans. It was a crucial get for USC as Myles was one of the last top receiver recruits still undecided. Jaden Nickens is the only receiver ranked in 247 Sports’ top 247 recruits yet to make a commitment.

Getting Myles vaults USC to No. 11 in 247Sports Composite’s recruiting class rankings. The Trojans are just a shade outside of the top 10 and were able to vault past fellow Big Ten foe Oregon in landing Myles. USC now has 15 total four-star and five-star recruits, more than all but one Big Ten team — Ohio State.