Class of 2025 main commencement moved to Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

USC cited the commencement’s size and experience hosting Fall 2024 Convocation and three school commencements at the Coliseum in Spring 2024 to explain the change.

By NICHOLAS CORRAL
Commencement for the Class of 2024 was cancelled in the spring, citing issues with security and Fall 2024 Convocation was held in the Coliseum rather than its traditional location at Alumni Park. (Daily Trojan file photo)

Commencement for the Class of 2025 will be held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on May 15, 2025, the University announced in a community-wide email Thursday. USC cited the size of the commencement and the experience hosting Fall 2024 Convocation and three school commencements at the Coliseum in Spring 2024 as reasons for the change.

“In recent years, commencement has consistently attracted more than 60,000 guests and has outgrown all venues on our campus,” the University wrote. “By hosting commencement at the Coliseum, soon to be the home of three Olympic games, we will offer a truly unique graduation experience.”

Commencement for the Class of 2024 was cancelled in the spring, citing issues with security and Fall 2024 Convocation was held in the Coliseum rather than its traditional location at Alumni Park.