USC Security Roundup

The following incidents were reported in the USC Dept. of Public Safety incident report summary between Tuesday, Feb. 3, and Wednesday, Feb. 4. 

Crimes against property

at 12:26 p.m. on Feb. 3, a pallet of books was reported missing by a staff member at Pertusati University Bookstore.

at 3:48 p.m. on Feb. 3, a bicycle at Waite Phillips Hall of Education was reported stolen.

at 6:56 p.m. on Feb. 3, a cell phone and key were reported stolen at The Lorenzo.

at 12:16 a.m. on Feb. 4, a wallet was reported stolen at Thomas and Dorothy Leavey Library.

at 5:50 a.m. on Feb. 4, a suspect was arrested at 28th Street and Menlo Avenue on suspicion of removing packages from multiple residences in the surrounding area.

Miscellaneous incidents

at 7:40 a.m. on Feb. 3, a staff member put out mulch that had caught fire in a planter at University Gardens.

at 10:47 a.m. on Feb. 3, a woman not affiliated with the university shouted profanities at staff members at 39 Congress St.

at 12:32 p.m. on Feb. 3, a male not affiliated with the university was examined and released after experiencing chest pains at Town and Gown.

at 1:08 p.m. on Feb. 3, a student was transported to a hospital from the Roger and Michele Dedeaux Engemann Student Health Center and committed for a 72 hour psychiatric evaluation.

at 2:02 p.m. on Feb. 3,  a former staff member was reported trespassing at Elisabeth Von Kleinsmid Memorial Residence Hall.  The employee had been previously terminated from the university.

at 4:03 p.m. on Feb. 3, bags of marijuana were confiscated from a suspect at 28th Street and University Avenue.

at 4:59 p.m. on Feb. 3, a female staff member reported an injury to her foot at University Parking Center.  She was treated and later released.

at 5:54 p.m. on Feb. 3, a student was transported to a hospital from Regal Trojan Arms in order to undergo a 72-hour psychiatric evaluation.

at 8:33 p.m. on Feb. 3, a student was struck by a vehicle while riding his bike. He sustained injuries and was treated.

at 9:02 p.m. on Feb. 3, a staff member reported experiencing harassment from a student at Elisabeth Von Kleinsmid Memorial Residence Hall.

at 10:34 p.m. on Feb. 3, a student reported that a hair dryer was damaged after falling into a puddle of water at General William Lyon Center.

at 12:28 a.m. on Feb. 4, the carbon monoxide detector was activated in Troy Hall. It was determined that the detector was activated due to a malfunction.