Trent Reznor and David Fincher team up once again

With award season in full swing, David Fincher is already thinking of next season.

The director of past Oscar winning movies, such as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and the new critically acclaimed The Social Network, is set to direct and bring to the screen an adaption of the late Stieg Larsson’s much buzzed about bestselling novel The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Fincher recently revealed to the New York Times that he will be partnering once again with Trent Reznor, the frontman of the band Nine Inch Nails, who co-composed the score of The Social Network. Reznor will again combine his talents with composer Atticus Ross (The Book of Eli). The dark and subtle style they used for The Social Network’s soundtrack is sure to fit perfectly with Larsson’s mysterious crime novel.

Although the novel has already been successfully adapted to the screen in Sweden, Sony looks to create a film that will draw in a significantly wider audience with stars such as Daniel Craig playing Mikael Blomkvist, Rooney Mara playing Lisbeth Salander, along with appearances from Stellan Skarsgard, Robin Wright, Christopher Plummer.

Set to be released at the end of this year on Dec. 21, Sony is certain to have another successful trilogy in its hands.