Reality shows compose satisfying lineup

During summer break, many of us were stuck watching repeats, while yearning for new, fresh episodes of our favorite shows. For reality TV fans, our choices were limited.

Love In The Wild wasn’t something to fall in love with. Fan-favorite Jeff left Big Brother way too early.

Hardwood star · Lakers forward Ron Artest takes his talents to other arenas, as he joins this season’s production of Dancing with the Stars, giving fans the opportunity to see another side of his notorious personality. - Photo courtesy of ABC Studios

Then there’s Jake, Vienna and Kasey who were a little too much to handle for two hours on Bachelor Pad.

There is finally hope for reality TV fans looking for some unpredictable, satisfying television.

Whether you want to watch housewives catfight, overweight Americans undergo remarkable transformations or see the return of Simon and Paula, there is something for everyone on reality TV this fall.

1. Dancing With The Stars, ABC 

Sept. 19 and 20 (two night premiere)

For season 13, ABC has assembled a wide variety of celebrities to cha-cha with professional dancers, including fan-favorite Derek Hough.

Stars ranging from Headline News host Nancy Grace, Rob Kardashian, Ron Artest, former talk show host Ricki Lake and David Arquette will be evaluated by returning judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

ABC searched for higher listed celebrities, but this lot will still put on a great show.

2. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, BRAVO 

Now Playing

Despite the tragic suicide of Russell Armstrong, Real Housewife Taylor Armstrong’s husband, Bravo has decided to carry on with season two of the popular series.

It will be interesting to see how much producers show — with much of Taylor’s story focusing on her impending divorce from Russell.

Besides the couple’s struggles, viewers can look forward to Lisa’s quick wit and love for her dog, Jiggy. Kim and Kyle Richards will continue to work on their sister relationship.

Finally, who can forget Camille Grammer’s feud with Kyle? If the season two trailer is any indication, tensions still remain high.

3. The X Factor, FOX 

Sept. 21

You might be thinking, “not another singing competition.” This one, however, involves reality character favorites Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul.

The former American Idol judges reunite to critique and mentor contestants, while continuing to argue and fight with each other.

The show will feature singers in groups or solo acts aged 12 and up. Auditions were held at USC’s Galen Center last spring, and the final winner will receive a $5 million recording contract.

4. The Biggest Loser, NBC

Sept. 20

Jillian Michaels leaving The Biggest Loser to start a family was disappointing to many loyal fans. Who else could yell at contestants one minute and make them weep with tears of joy the next?

This season the weight-loss show introduces new trainers Anna Kournikova and Dolvett Quince who join Bob Harper to train 15 overweight contestants. This season’s theme will be “Battle of the Ages,” which will group contestants to battle it out by age.

Later in the season, look out for NFL greats Eric Dickerson, Drew Brees and Tim Tebow.

5. Kim Kardashian’s Fairytale Wedding, E! 

Oct. 9 and 10

We’ve seen the wedding photos in People Magazine and have met Kris Humphries on Keeping Up With the Kardashians during the family’s Bora-Bora trip. Now, we can enjoy one of America’s biggest weddings of the year in a two-part, four-hour special airing on E!

The special will follow the bride and groom’s big day: everything from Kim’s three wedding dresses, the guest list which includes Kathie Lee Gifford, Eva Longoria, Mario Lopez and Lindsay Lohan, to the $10,000, 6-foot tall cake.

If it’s anything like Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom’s TV wedding, we have a lot to look forward to.

6. H8r, CW 

Sept. 14

In the CW’s latest reality show, celebrities including Snooki and Kim Kardashian face their biggest enemies, or in other words, the judgmental American public–hater.

The show, hosted by Mario Lopez, will follow a celebrity who must spend time with an ordinary American who cannot stand him or her in hopes of better understanding one another. In the end, some of the pairs will end up friends while others will remain haters.