Lost one, gained one?

Just days after possibly losing a commitment from highly touted offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson, USC coach Lane Kiffin may have found a top-flight replacement recruit for his 2010 class.

Safety Latwan Anderson, who had a verbal commitment to West Virginia before national signing day, instead decided to postpone his decision and reopen his recruitment to many of the nation’s top football programs.

After Anderson didn’t sign his letter of intent, Kiffin and USC came calling and the interest seems mutual between Anderson and USC. The all-around athlete and top recruit from the state of Ohio, according to Rivals.com, will reportedly visit campus this upcoming weekend.

Anderson is still considering West Virginia and Ohio State, but hopes to make his decision within the next couple of days, although he has until April 1 to make his decision final.

Anderson also played wide receiver during his days at Glenville Academic Campus in Cleveland, Ohio and is ranked 15th overall in the nation by Rivals.com.

USC’s class already includes a variety of four- and five-star wide receivers and defensive backs, and the addition of Anderson would improve an already highly ranked class for Kiffin and his coaching staff.

1. Big Eer
    Big Eer says:

Rumor has it Ted Ginn Sr., Latwan’s coach, really wants him to make sure he made the right decision. Tressel has said publicly that Ohio State doesn’t have room for another DB in this class, leaving his last option to USC. LA has said in the past that USC was his dream school, however WVU has been in the lead for his services for months. Kiffin could pull a recruiting miracle, leaving Mountaineer Nation devastated with yet another 5-star decommit. However, USC’s ongoing NCAA investigation figures to way heavily on LA’s final decision, along with close friend and confidant WVU Head Coach Bill Stewart…Stewart gave the thumbs up for LA to visit USC.