Tickets to Boxer’s fundraiser range start at $500

Want to see Barbara Boxer when she comes to USC on Friday?

The California senator will host a fundraiser luncheon with President Barack Obama at noon in the Grand Ballroom of the Ronald Tutor Campus Center, before the president’s 1:30 p.m. rally in McCarthy Quad.

Tickets to the “Boxer Victory Fund Luncheon” are available — at a hefty price.

The starting price is $500, which results a “guest” seating, according to information from ActBlue, an online fundraising mechanism for Democrats. Spending $1,000 reserves a seat at the luncheon, $2,500 a spot at a preferred table and $10,000 a place at a photo reception.

The highest ticket — which at $32,800 is more than three-fourths of USC’s tuition for the 2010-2011 school year — allows attendance to the “host and photo reception.”

Those wishing to go to either the photo reception or the host and photo reception needed to have submitted an RSVP by Oct. 15. Other tickets are still available.

1. Duh
    Duh says:

Welcome to the world of congressional/senate political fund raising. Those are typical prices for private fundraising events for both Gop and Dem candidates. Sadly, those will continue to be the prices because it is such a necessity for candidates to have large campaign warchests to run expensive television campaign ads. Will there ever be a day when political candidates can win on their platform, character, and record versus how much moolah they can raise?