Un-Gleeful response to GQ photo shoot

Glee — a TV show about outcasts, divas and geeks — has certainly proven it’s a favorite, winning four Emmys this year along with a steady following of self-professed “Gleeks.”

Some, however, aren’t the biggest fans.

This week the Parent Television Council condemned the show for a “scandalous” photo shoot of three of Glee’s notable actors — Lea Michelle (Rachel Berry), Cory Monteith (Finn Hudson) and Dianna Agron (Quinn Fabray) — featured in the November 2010 issue of GQ.

The group’s outrage was aimed at both the show and the magazine. Tim Winter, the president of PTC denounced the photos, saying, “It borders on pedophilia.”

In one photo, Michelle was featured in a provocative pose, lollipop in hand, wearing a thin shirt over a lacy push-up bra and underwear.

The irony lies in the fact that although Michelle (24), Agron (24), and Monteith (28) play high school students, they are not in high school.

Winter also criticized the show, saying, “[Glee] is far from appropriate for young viewers.”

Although GQ responded by saying the PTC, “must not be watching much TV these days and should learn to divide reality from fantasy,” Agron apologized in her blog saying, “If you are hurt or these photos make you uncomfortable, it was never our intention.”

The ongoing question of course remains. Is TV, becoming too overtly sexual, unfit for children and degrading toward women, or is the PTC just overreacting?