O’Dowd, Smith have solid showing at NFL Combine

Former USC tight end Jordan Cameron might be turning heads at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, but other Trojans are getting some attention of their own.

Center Kristofer O’Dowd, who battled various injuries during his final two seasons at USC, displayed more athleticism during drills than many predicted. The senior ranked up some strong statistics among the offensive linemen, tying for ninth in the broad jump (8-9), tying for seventh in the 20-yard shuffle (4.59), earning fifth in the bench press (31) and seventh in the 40 (5.16). His top result came in the vertical jump, where he tied for first place at 32.5.

O’Dowd seemed pleased with his results — on Saturday he tweeted, “Couldn’t of asked for a better day at the Combine workout today #FightOn!!!!”

Despite showing up to the Combine at 242 pounds, running back Allen Bradford managed to rank 14th-best in the three-cone drill at 6.97 seconds. The redshirt senior also had the third-most bench-press reps among backs at 28, and tied for 14th among running backs in the 40 at 4.58 seconds.

Tackle Tyron Smith had a limited participation this weekend, as he is nursing a knee injury. The junior did put up 29 reps in the bench press at the Combine, and arrived weighing 305 pounds — 25 more than he was listed at while playing at USC — easing some scouts’ fears that he was too small to play as tackle in NFL. He’ll complete his speed and agility tests at his pro day on March 31.

The Combine ends tomorrow.