Three men rob former USC student

Three males robbed a former USC student in his 27th Street residence early Tuesday morning.

According to a report from the Dept. of Public Safety, the three men knocked forcibly on the victim’s door and then pushed past him, entering his residence at Moon Apartments, a non-USC building.

After one of the suspects brandished a handgun, the three men stole cash and electronic devices from the victim.

DPS Capt. David Carlisle said officers patrolling the area overheard loud voices coming from the residence.

The victim then contacted LAPD, which is investigating the crime.

Carlisle said although the incident did not involve a current USC student and did not occur at a USC-owned property, DPS still decided to issue a crime alert to students because it happened fairly close to campus in an area heavily populated by students.

“[Location] is usually part of the consideration in distributing a timely warning,” Carlisle said. “Since it happened just a short block from The Row, we felt it was our best judgment to issue the warning.”

The victim also told LAPD he recognized one of the suspects as someone he knew from the community.

Carlisle said because the victim knew and was able to identify one of the suspects, DPS is not considering the incident random at this point.

1. Trojan
    Trojan says:

you have mentioned in moon apartments but nothing took place that night at that place. kindly check.