Robber linked to crime near campus found

Six suspects were arrested Wednesday in connection with a string of robberies that occurred in the North University Park Area two weeks ago.

One suspect has been positively identified by one of the victims, according to the Dept. of Public Safety. There is evidence the other five suspects might also be linked to the crimes.

“One suspect was definitely identified by one of the victims,” said DPS Capt. David Carlisle. “DPS made the original detention on the [suspect who] was identified.”

The six suspects were arrested within two days of each other; three on April 20, one on April 21 and two on April 22, according to the Incident Resolution Notice released by DPS on Wednesday.

“We are very pleased about that,” Carlisle said. “It was a collaborate effort between DPS and LAPD.”

The Incident Resolution Notice provided information on the arrests of six suspects responsible for three robberies that occurred within six minutes of each other, on Ellendale Place, West 29th Street, and 27th Street on April 11.

In all three of the robberies, weapons were displayed. According to the incident resolution notice, the suspects approached the victims, displayed weapons, demanded their property and fled the scene by foot.

1. Melissa
    Melissa says:

Your headline convicted the dude. At this point, he’s still a suspect, whether he was “positively identified” or not.