T.I. released from prison, signs reality TV deal

Clifford Harris Jr., known as T.I. or T.I.P. in the music world, was released from prison Wednesday, a month earlier than scheduled, and will spend the remainder of his sentence in a halfway house in his home state of Georgia.

“The storm is over & da sun back out. IT’S OUR TIME TO SHINE SHAWTY!!!!! Welcome to the beginning of our Happy Ending!!!!” T.I. tweeted shortly after he was released Wednesday morning.

The 30-year-old rapper/actor was sentenced to 11 months in federal prison last October after violating his probation on federal weapons charges.

Hours after T.I. was released, VH1 announced they had signed him to a 10-episode series that will follow his adaptation to life outside of prison and the making of a new album. The series will premiere December 5.

The artist previously did a reality series with MTV, titled “T.I.’s Road To Redemption,” which followed him in the 45 days before his original sentencing in March 2009. Each episode centered around T.I. mentoring a troubled child, as he encouraged them to avoid a life of crime.

“Viewers have always connected with T.I. and we are definitely thrilled to show the next chapter of this incredible artist’s riveting life,” said VH1 original programing chief Jeff Olde.

The Atlanta-based rapper ended up pleading guilty to two felonies — possession of three unregistered machine guns and two silencers, and possession of firearms by a convicted felon.

He finished that sentence in March 2010, but was was arrested on drug charges, along with his wife, six months later in Los Angeles.