Pac-12 will not expand

Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott announced Tuesday that the conference will not expand beyond 12 members following speculation it would add Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech.

The league’s presidents and chancellors held a vote Tuesday night reaffirming their decision remain a 12-team league

“We have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference,” Scott said in a statement. “While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. With new landmark TV agreements and plans to launch our innovative television networks, we are going to focus solely on these great assets, our strong heritage and the bright future in front of us.”

The league announced a 12-year television contract with Fox and ESPN worth approximately $3 billion in May.

1. Jax4usc
    Jax4usc says:

After having ruined the Pac-10 by recruiting the great champions of Utah and Colorado, the Harvard tennis player and girl’s tennis promoter, now that the harm is done, doesn’t want to expand to a include some actually significant foes. We can no longer play a round-robin conference schedule, with an undisputed champion, we have to play Utah and Colorado, both in the sousthern Pac-12 division and geographicaly north of Palo Alto and Berkely, and give up rivalries that go back nearly 100 years. Why?

Fight On!

JLH