Woods named to list

The postseason hardware looks like it might find its way into the hands of USC sophomore wide receiver Robert Woods, who has put up some impressive numbers in just his second season with the Trojans’ program.

The second-year wideout has been named a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award, given annually to the college football’s best receiver.

Woods ranks seventh in total receiving yards (1,126), fourth in total catches (92) and ties for fourth in touchdowns (11). All of those marks put him first in the Pac-12.

Woods is on pace to pass former USC receiver Keyshawn Johnson’s mark for the Pac-12 and USC record for most receptions in a season at 102.

Woods was named one of 10 semifinalists Monday, joining fellow Pac-12 sophomore, California’s Kennan Allen along with Baylor’s Kendall Wright, Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon, Western Michigan’s Jordan White, Oklahoma’s Ryan Broyles, Clemson’s Sammy Watkins, Houston’s Patrick Edwards, Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd and Illinois’ A.J. Jenkins.

Before last Saturday’s game against Washington, in which Woods caught a mere two passes for five yards, Woods seldom had a poor week, his worst outing being the five-catch, 36-yard performance against California at AT&T Park in San Francisco on Oct. 13.

This season Woods has already broken USC records for receptions in a game — 17 against Minnesota during the team’s season opener on Sept. 3 — and yards in a game — 255 during an Oct. 1 game against Arizona.

Since the award’s inception in 1994, no USC wide receiver has ever won the award.

The finalists of the Biletnikoff Award will be announced Nov. 21, and the winner will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards live on Dec. 8, at 6 p.m. on ESPN.

Correction: A previous version of this article stated Robert Woods recorded seven receptions against Minnesota. He actually had 17.