Pac-12 releases schedule for 2012 football season

The Pac-12 Conference has released its schedule over winter break for the 2012 season. Coming off a 10-2 season that saw them finish No. 6 in the AP poll, the Trojans know that an undefeated regular season could mean special things for the program.

USC will open its 2012 season Sept. 1 at the Coliseum against Hawai’i .

Following the home opener, the Trojans will travel east to take on Syracuse in New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium.

The game against the Orange will be the first time since 1990 that USC has played Syracuse in New Jersey.

USC  will face Stanford on the road and to gain some measure of revenge for the 56-48, triple-overtime loss they suffered in 2011.  The conference schedule follows, with a home game against Cal, road contests at Utah and Washington, Colorado’s first visit to the Coliseum, and then a trip to Arizona.

The toughest test for USC will likely come Nov. 3 at the Coliseum, when the defending Rose Bowl Champion Oregon makes the trek to Los Angeles for what could be a matchup of two top-five teams.

The Trojans then take on Arizona State at home before finishing the campaign with two rivalry games. The Trojans will play UCLA at the Rose Bowl before completing the regular season back home against the Fighting Irish.

If USC qualifies for the Pac-12 Championship game as expected, the team will play in its first conference title game on Nov. 30.