Tee Martin joins USC coaching staff

Maybe USC coach Lane Kiffin is not finished with the University of Tennessee after all.

On Thursday, the USC football coach hired Kentucky passing coordinator and former Volunteer quarterback Tee Martin onto his staff as wide receivers coach. Martin, who backed up Peyton Manning at Tennessee for two years before winning a national championship in 1998, also played in the NFL for four seasons before beginning his coaching career.

Martin’s arrival was announced by junior quarterback Matt Barkley, who tweeted, “Excited to welcome @TeeMartin17 to the Trojan Family as our new WR coach!”

Martin is known in the college football world as a top recruiter and has experience coaching quarterbacks through his “Dual Threat” quarterback camp and working at the Nike Elite 11 camps for the nation’s top quarterback recruits.

Martin’s hire fills out the football coaching staff for the upcoming season and replaces departed receivers coach Ted Gilmore, who left to take the same position with the NFL’s Oakland Raiders.

1. Joseph A. Serrano
    Joseph A. Serrano says:

Very excited to watch the Southern California Trojans play this up incoming season! Looks like USC is always doing what’s best for the University and it’s students and players. GO USC!!!!!!