USC fraternity hosts Relay for Life benefit concert

Alpha Phi Omega, a USC fraternity, is hosting a Relay for Life benefit concert on March 7 for USC’s upcoming Relay for Life.

Relay for Life is a 24 hour American Cancer Society event where people camp out and walk or run around a track to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember the loss of loved ones and to fight the disease.

The doors of the Tutor Campus Center Grand Ballroom will open at 6:30 p.m. for the benefit concert and the show will begin at 7 p.m.

There will be performances by singer-songwriters Andrew Figueroa Chiang and Axel Mansoor, A cappella groups Khoir Practice, The Sirens and Overflow A Cappella and hip-hop dance team Chaotic 3.

Although admission is free for everyone, Alpha Phi Omega will be collecting donations all night. They are suggesting a minimum $5 donation, which will benefit the American Cancer Society.

This year’s Relay for Life at USC will take place on Cromwell Field starting at noon on March 31.

The 24 hours will be filled with team activities, entertainment and non-stop motion on the track to symbolize that the battle against cancer never ends.

By having the Relay for Life Benefit Concert, Alpha Phi Omega aims to raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society’s efforts.

The concert is being sponsored by the USG Discretionary Funding Board and Blackberry.