Alexis Moore requests release from USC, confirms plan to transfer

Freshman guard Alexis Moore will transfer after requesting his release from the school, his father, Barry, confirmed to the Daily Trojan Tuesday night.

His request is expected to be made official on Wednesday, allowing him to contact other schools.

Freshman guard Alexis Moore will be the third Trojan this offseason to transfer schools. - Chris Pham | Daily Trojan

ESPNLA first reported the story.

Moore, a 6-foot-2 guard from Long Beach, appeared in all 32 games for the Trojans last season – starting 18 – and averaged 4.3 points and 2 rebounds per contest.

“I wish him nothing but the best,” USC coach Kevin O’Neill said. “He did a great job for us this year. He’ll be successful wherever he is going.”

With the return of senior guard Jio Fontan from an ACL injury, it had been expected he would serve primarily as a backup next season.

Recruited as a part of the team’s 2011 recruiting class, Moore becomes the third Trojan this offseason to transfer. Sophomore forward Curtis Washington, who did not play last season because of torn labrum, has also requested his release, O’Neill confirmed.

Sophomore forward Garrett Jackson was granted his release by the school last week. He has reportedly been contacted by several West Coast Conference schools.

It is not known yet where either Jackson, Moore or Washington intends to transfer to.