In Photos: Remembering students Ming Qu and Ying Wu

The university held a candlelight vigil Wednesday night at Tommy Trojan honoring Ming Qu and Ying Wu, two Viterbi graduate students who were fatally shot early Wednesday morning northwest of the University Park Campus. Hundreds gathered to hear Provost Elizabeth Garrett, Dean of Religious Life Varun Soni, Executive Vice Dean of Engineering John O’Brien and student leaders speak in remembrance of the victims. Mourners were invited to sign books devoted to Qu and Wu.

Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan

Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan

Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan

Ani Kolangian | Daily Trojan

Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan

Ani Kolangian | Daily Trojan

Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan

Carlo Acenas | Daily Trojan

1. Dreaming
    Dreaming says:

Reat in peace…There are no more sorrow and crime in the heaven. Others, come on and fight against the stupid gossips! At last, I pray for there families…

2. Linda Smith Frost
    Linda Smith Frost says:

This is so sad. I am an American and have lived in Los Angeles more than 30 years. It makes me very sorry that this is how we have treated these wonderful young visitors to our country who were intelligent and here to learn. I feel sorrow for the families, friends and fellow students. I will say prayers for these and for safety of all Chinese students in Los Angeles. I wish I knew what I could do to help.

This is now how we treat our guests.

3. Occupation
    Occupation says:

我们国内的暴民很想知道这两位同学的父母的职业是什么,如果他们是官二代,我们很多人表示不同情,因为官二代们用纳税人的钱夺走了本属于大众的机会。或许,你们当中就有这样的人,而且可能还不少,所以我们诅咒你们。你们是阶级不平等的牺牲品,不好意思,但是事实如此。不要那么高尚,就因为你们能在国外奋斗就了不起了?国内的人过的也不容易。

4. Don
    Don says:

Unfortunately, these two students probably never had a blunt, rude, insensitive lecture on the social economic problems of the surrounding USC neighborhoods. But all students and their parents can be reassured that the american system of justice will go to maximum lengths to protect the rights of the criminal and those who harbor them as always. Good luck to all students but you all are on your own more than 2-3 blocks distance away from the school’s boundaries.

5. Anson
    Anson says:

在国内看到此消息,震惊之余也为他们感到惋惜,所以只能过来留言祝福,逝者安息,一路走好。你们在天堂不会寂寞,我们都会记得你~

6. Edison Zhou
    Edison Zhou says:

希望您们在那边可以快乐的微笑,再也不用只身来扛着我们这些繁重的负担。走好

7. Robert Chen
    Robert Chen says:

YING WU MING QU REST IN PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

news channels are reporting that the pair were sitting in a (quote) “$60,000.00 BMW”, which is total nonsense. they are from hard-working class families with middle/middle-low income, scraped savings for a well manicured USED BMW. how dare the propaganda media-manipulators like cnn, chinasmack, bs tang dynasty news, etc concoct the “fuerdai” idea to vilify any young chinese with a decent automobile! these were two very promising new generation of bright young people who would-could-should bring hope and progress for many people! but what moron-retard-loser have gone and pulled the trigger on these two former hopefuls? may he not get away like the perpetrators who killed Yoshihiro Hattori and Vincent Chin!

8. Libysnow
    Libysnow says:

Love, Innocence, Promise, Hope…stolen by an inhumane act of cruelty. God, please take them in your arms and bring some peace and comfort to their family, friends and loved ones ~

9. Mike A
    Mike A says:

RIP. I know that finding the killer won’t bring them back, but I really hope he will be brought to justice. I wish they could find him and send him off to China and let the two families deal with him. Just the thought of someone so heartless and cowardly is disgusting.

10. Catherine
    Catherine says:

As a Trojan mom, I mourn these two brave children, who were trying to lead extraordinary lives. I pray for their families, and for the Trojan family. Let us hope that the killer is brought to justice. Let us also hope that from this horrific act comes a greater sense of unity within this community of diversity. Grief knows no borders, no social class, no race or creed.

11. Cheng
    Cheng says:

NO RIP UNTIL THE KILLER IS CAPTURED, TRIED, AND PUNISHED!
    Godspeed to the hard working detectives and officers working on this case.

12. JJ
    JJ says: