Robber of students sentenced

A Los Angeles-area man who allegedly robbed four USC students at gunpoint pleaded no contest to two counts of second-degree robbery and one count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm Tuesday, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office.

Jeremy Hendricks, 24, was sentenced to 20 years in state prison by Judge Melissa Widdifield.

Hendricks allegedly robbed two male and two female USC students at gunpoint on 28th Street near Figueroa Street in April.

The students complied with Hendricks’ demands for their property after they saw his gun.

After stashing the students’ belongings in his backpack, Hendricks ran away from the students toward 30th Street.

The two male students ran after Hendricks, flagging down officers from the Los Angeles Police Department as they ran. Dept. of Public Safety officers on patrol confronted Hendricks on 30th Street.

When the officers saw that Hendricks was armed, they fired a single shot that wounded him in the leg. LAPD officers then took Hendricks into custody.

At the time of his arrest, Hendricks was on probation for possession of a deadly weapon.

In exchange for his plea, the remaining charges against Hendricks, which include attempted robbery, assault with a firearm, possession of a firearm by a felon and carrying a loaded firearm with prior convictions, were dropped.