Haute Highlights

ELLIE GOULDING

THE WILTERN

SATURDAY, FEB. 9 at 8 P.M.

After the debut of her mega-hit single “Lights,” Ellie Goulding’s music career skyrocketed. Now with her second album, Halcyon, Goulding is gong on tour and performing new songs such as “Explosions” and “My Blood” that showcase her growth as a versatile artist. Cool, edgy and heartfelt, Goulding never ceases to impress her loyal fans and followers.

L.A. BACON FESTIVAL

PETERSEN AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM

SATURDAY, FEB. 9 — 2 – 6 P.M.

Bacon lovers, rejoice! Vegetarians, avert your eyes — the first ever Bacon Festival is coming to Los Angeles. From Pigg’s famed crispy pig ears to The Sticky Pig’s sinfully good candied bacon and bacon ice cream, any devoted lover of this magical meat won’t be able to resist the porky temptation. Have fun pigging out at this festival, but try not to hog all of the bacon-inspired eats.

TET FESTIVAL 2013

GARDEN GROVE PARK

FRIDAY, FEB. 8 to SUNDAY, FEB. 10

Recognized as the largest Tet Festival in the world, the Tet Festival of Southern California rings in the Lunar New Year with traditional foods, live entertainment and a spectacular firework show to top off a weekend full of fun. There are more than 200 booths for games and food as well as carnival rides and colorful lion dancing. There’s no better way to experience the best of Garden Grove than with the Tet Festival.

CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION

THIEN HAU TEMPLE

SATURDAY, FEB. 9 at 11 P.M.

Lighting up the eve of Lunar New Year weekend, the Thien Hau Temple in Chinatown will be launching 500,000 firecrackers in the air on Saturday. To celebrate the Year of the Snake, the temple will also be burning incense and hosting traditional lion dancers. According to tradition, the Year of the Snake marks a time of change, filled with contemplation, preparation and reflection.

View Haute Highlights 02/06 in a larger map